View Single Post
Old 12-01-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: A question about degeneracy in winning poker players

[ QUOTE ]
I haven't got much faith in psychiatrists or therapists

[/ QUOTE ]

Although I don't believe that you need a psychiatrist I also believe that you are not being fair about their ability to help you. In the end you will probably find that you are indeed your own best therapist. Professional help means just that. Help in finding YOUR own way. That could be as simple as sitting with a trained social worker that is good at listening.

Most humans, I believe, experince self doubt at one time or another. Some for their entire life. Most never really know what it is that they want to do with their life and so they just continue on with what they are doing.

You chose Journalism a while back and you went to great lengths, a college education is not that easy, to accomplish that goal. In my opinion (just an opinion) it would be a waste not to see it through. Passion is a personal thing so I cannot tell you to love being a jounalist. But there is an old song that goes like this "If you can't be with the one you love then love the one you're with". I believe the same is true if you do not know what it is you really love.

Poker is a "brain dead" experience. That's right. If you learn to play poker well eventually it becomes close to a repetitive exercise with little if any room for creativity. Forget it for now and pursue your dream of being a journalist. Poker will always be there if you want to come back to it later.

pokervintage