View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Fulltilt froze my account with 47 grand in it

[ QUOTE ]
Rek and some others are really out of line.

You have no ground for your speculations and discredit of Sillysal.

If FTP have grounds, they should present them in some form. As it is now, the only ground we have is to suspect that FTP is out of line aswell. It is so out of proportion to accuse someone for cheating, confiscate 47 000 USD and refuse to present any evidence. The burden is on FTP. And I expect FTP to come out with some form of statement in this issue.

Needless to say, cheaters shall be punished and that include Absolute Poker aswell as single players who violate rules and laws. In fact, they should be brought to court if that is possible. But no one shall be accused without grounds.

[/ QUOTE ]
I am not accusing anybody. It is postings like yours that keep implying FTP are in the wrong.

• Perhaps FTP do have grounds
• Perhaps they have presented them. They have certainly supplied some information but nobody wants to post it here and I understand that.
• Why do you think FTP is going to present evidence on the forum (that would be completely inappropriate).
• Sillysal started this thread – why is she not disclosing exactly what FTP has presented?
• Why has sillysal been silent until accused of being 40?

We can only go on what we know and as I see it:

• FTP were suspicious of sillysal’s account for whatever reason.
• They suspended her account pending an investigation.
• Sillysal posts here about the time scales and many people took her side that this should be quicker (I accept on this point FTP could have handled this better).
• Completion of investigation by FTP seems to indicate sillysal was using some kind of bot.
• Some evidence has been supplied but we don’t know the full details.

Now, on the evidence to hand we can only take a view on who is the guilty party. As I see it there are 3 alternatives:

1. Sillysal is guilty and deserves everything she gets
2. Sillysal is innocent and FTP have made an error. I think it is correct that sillysal can challenge this and she has said she is still in contact with FTP. So they are not just ignoring her concerns.
3. FTP are deliberately fabricating evidence and should be closed down if this is the case.

To my mind the easy option for FTP was to never have blocked sillysal’s account. They could have warned her that they suspect botting and she could have withdrawn her money and gone elsewhere. Nobody would be any of the wiser and FTP do not have a deluge of complaints. Whatever the truth is I can only conclude that FTP are acting in good faith albeit their timescales stink. On the other hand we have a player saying she did not bot – well she would say that wouldn’t she. I cannot think of a reason why FTP would lie. It certainly is not to keep $47K – as I have said before sillysal probably generated more than that in rake in a year.