Thread: KK in NL cash
View Single Post
Old 03-06-2007, 08:59 PM

Default Re: KK in NL cash

kinda pissed, i just wrote a whole long reply and deleted it while posting a HH to it GRRRR.

cliff notes of my original post -

you are playing a cash game so your decision is based on whether you are ahead of the range of hands he would do this with. If he will felt more than AA its +EV to felt your KK.

the amount of money required to see if someone has AA commits you, deeper than 100BB you can fold it, not deeper you cannot.

By folding KK PF, every single time you are wrong the amount of BB this cost you is very high, you net -20BB or -30BB or whatever instead of +100BB, you will come out even felting it since you have AA v KK as often as you have KK v AA so giving up that amount of +EV is terrible.

the raising with KK will also make it harder to exploit you and play back at you, if you stop felting it you turn into a nit PF.

maybe one thing that is skewing your view is that you dont get to see it, if someone pushes all in with AK or QQ and i have QQ myself i wont be calling(the first times hehe) and you wont see either hand.

100BB deep you can fold KK PF vs a very small amount of players but they do exist, the point is that vs unkowns you cant it you would have to play quite a few hands with someone and see them felt nothing but AA.

if your PF play is aggressive enough, people will felt all sorts of trash, take this hand for example.(not indicative by any stretch just an example of a non AA felt)

Full Tilt Poker
$0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Ring Game
5 Players
LegoPoker Hand Converter

<font color="black">Stack Sizes</font>
CO: $48.50
BTN: $91.05
SB: $53.95
Hero (BB): $76.45
UTG: $110.25

<font color="black">Preflop:</font> K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($0.75, 5 players)
UTG folds, CO folds, BTN folds, <font color="red">SB raises to $1.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises to $6.50</font>, <font color="red">SB raises to $19.50</font>, <font color="red">Hero raises all in to $76.95</font>, SB calls all in for $34.70
Uncalled bet of $22.75 returned to Hero

<font color="black">Flop:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] ($108.4, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Turn:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($108.4, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">River:</font> J[img]/images/graemlins/heart.gif[/img] 7[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] J[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] Q[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] [8[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img]] ($108.4, 2 players)
No action

<font color="black">Results:</font>
SB had A[img]/images/graemlins/spade.gif[/img] T[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (a pair of Jacks)
Hero had K[img]/images/graemlins/club.gif[/img] K[img]/images/graemlins/diamond.gif[/img] (two pair, Kings and Jacks) and won $105.40
Final Pot: $105.40 ($3.00 rake)

ok thats all i got, sorry that the more detailed post got deleted but i tried to at least touch on all the points i hit in more depth in that post.