View Single Post
Old 09-12-2007, 08:47 PM

Default Re: Calldown in a reraised pot, 25/50 live v. a capable bluffer

You said his range is polar i.e- K+/air. A few questions then that will help me understand this spot.

How often do you just flat call with a set in similar reraised situations as opposed to just calling with middling pairs, straight draws in this type of reraised situation?

Follow up question. To what extent does villain perceive your tendencies. I think if he has a strong grasp of where your sitting this is a fold (unless of course you can deduce from his mannerism's otherwise). I do hesitate to say clear fold though because I cannot enumerate the weight of your physical tells to my mental picture of your EV in this situation. For what its worth I love calling in neutral EV situations here, but I sometimes analyze poker to massage my ego.

Final question and this is for all the community. In your opinion, how often do overpot bets equal= air, value bets, semi-bluffs? In my live game (2-5) overbets such as these tend to be strongish made hands that are worried about being outplayed, obviously this may have no bearing on hero's position but I believe would be interesting to hear others perspectives.