View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 07:15 AM

Default Re: my pastor divorced his wife and married a sophomore

[ QUOTE ]
You should try and take a valuable lesson from this. Learn that peoples private lives are exactly that - private. It is not your place to judge their perceived failings. If this man has been a role model for you then I'm sorry. Try not to place people to high on a pedestal. That way they won't disappoint you too much when they fall off. If you really have a problem with this in a personal sense then talk openly about it to him. Give him a chance to present his side of the story. I know that if I were him i would appreciate this.

[/ QUOTE ]

i was actually the only person other than the dean of students that he called a personal meeting with. and i definitly had a long 4+ hour meeting with him at his house on this very issue, so we definitly had a very close and very personal relationship so it really was not his personal life when he invited me into it. I definitly gave him the benefit of the doubt and was open to his explination as he gave it to him. I believe this is why he still has an open relationship with. however you are correct when those you place on a pedestal fall it is very difficult to see why and accept the reasons they succumbed to, that is why i want an objective perspective on the issue.