View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:47 AM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, there's one easy way to avoid a DUI, which is to call a cab. The problem is that there's a risk/reward issue here. Cabs are ridiculously expensive, and I won't be able to go out and party as often due to financial restraints if I go down that road. You do hear about celebrities getting DUIs quite often, but I'd bet that middle and lower class people receive them at much higher rates.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, the other easy way to avoid a DUI is to know your limits and not drink to the point where you can't drive if you know you have to. A cab from the bars in downtown St. Cloud to my apartment goes something like $15. I can't really fade that every night, so I either have a DD or don't drink as much.

This all sucks, but its not that hard to avoid a DUI if you're really concerned about it. Most of the time, one is all it takes for people to learn the lesson. Let's get it back on this thread's track - OP, for whatever reason (sickness or stupidity), didn't learn his lesson from THREE blackouts. 2.5 years will give him some more time to evaluate his decisions, and hopefully the help he says he has gotten sticks.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not concerned at all. I know my limits, and I know that my limit is probably 3x the legal limit, and that I can still drive fine. By using the word 'I,' I was referring to the average Joe who does drink and drive.