View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 02:35 AM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Like I've already said, there's been virtually no effect on the number of "alcohol-related" car deaths (which is a pretty skewed stat anyways) since the drop from .10 to .08 Yet the number of arrests has almost doubled.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you have a link to any of these studies?

The obvious problem here is that when arrests double, it means there is a decent chance that the population (on the whole) didnt change its behaviour, either because they didnt know about the new law or chose to ignore it. If that is true, the fact that accident rates are similar is expected.

I tried to find something on google scholar, but couldnt. However, there was a good article showing that the law change in Denmark from 0.08 to 0.05 BAC (evidently some of Europe uses BAC), didnt have an effect on accident rates. And it appeared to be a pretty solid look at all the variables, though it admittedly had a smallish sample size of 10 months.

[/ QUOTE ]

Right now I can't. I'm trying to find a chart on the number of DUI arrests per year then compare that to the years in which the law was changed and the level reduced, but i'm not having much luck in the department either. Ill keep trying