View Single Post
Old 04-06-2007, 07:46 PM

Default Re: platform for coalition of left- and right-libertarians

Rothbard is clearly suggesting that he thinks that seizing the property of corporations that derive more than 50% of their revenue from government contracts and turning them over to the workers (or the taxpayers) is a good thing - an AC thing - I'm exapnding that a bit and suggesting that nearly all large corporations indirectly have received more than 50% of their wealth from the State, therefore they all deserve to be seized and turned over to the workers that currently work in them to do as they see fit.

Since the part of the original post you lambasted was worker seizure of the Fortune 500 firms, I was simply clarifying that you would then disagree with Rothbard when he makes this point - presumably because the workers being given an equal share of the means of production would be inefficient as they wouldn't know what to do with it, or too much concentrated risk (which is the problem of any co-op operating in a free market since it is generally the same as buying stock in one company and one company only)

who's to say they couldn't decide to sell off the company's assets to another group of entreprenuers and venture capitalists and use the money they have gained from that to start their own business.

again, you all seem to wat to talk about a totally new form of capitalism, but for me to take that assertion seriously you have to lay out a radical plan for redistribution of assets that have been illigitmately built through the unjust structures of corporate capitalism.