View Single Post
Old 11-07-2007, 08:33 AM

Default Re: **********November Low Content**************

Gurravasa - There is a special forum for discussion of books and publications. If you had put your question in a separate post, I would have moved it there - and I suggest you visit that forum and perhaps ask your question there.

Since you've posted in the low content thread, I can't move your post, and since it doesn't really deserve to get deleted, let me try to answer for you.

I don't know of any book that is specifically written for pot-limit Omaha-8. There could be one, but if there is, I've never seen it.

Most Omaha-8 books include sections on fixed-limit Omaha-8 and pot-limit Omaha-8.

I'm partial to Ray Zee's 2+2 split poker book. The last half of it is devoted to Omaha-8 (and the first half to stud-8). But there honestly isn't much specifically about the pot limit game - just a short section. However, his book does cover general principles quite well - and it is "the classic" book about Omaha-8, a must read for the serious student of the game.

Aside from that there are fans of Cappelletti, Krieger, and various other authors. I have bought every book I have ever seen with Omaha in it's title - over a dozen.

Ray Zee's book is the best, in my humble opinion, and is very readable.

The Omaha-8 section in Super System II is also very good.

Most of the other books have merit and I have probably picked up something from many or them - but some books are truly awful and others are very or somewhat misleading, so be careful.

Go to the books and publications forum for better information.

Buzz
moderator of this forum