Thread: Why 3bet?
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2007, 09:53 AM

Default Re: Why 3bet?

[ QUOTE ]
I really don't like 3-betting with AJo. Your hand is good against his button opening range, yeah; but your hand is also [censored] against his 3-bet calling range. So you're turning your hand into a bluff, and bloating the pot if you do get called. I'd prefer to call preflop and c/r a lot of flops.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honestly, I think btn's 3-bet calling range isnt so narrow as to put AJ nearer the bottomw end of the spectrum if the btn is regularly trying to steal blinds (i.e not less than 23 or something.)

I think I mostly raise because I mostly assume that btn raisers are FOS, and also for value, and also because we have the advantage of winning the pot with a c-bet on the flop mostly.

Even if his calling range is narrow there must be an obvious margin between his calling range and the range which he 4-bets with. Most vilians at this level do not smooth call with AA/KK/AK and they lump 55/KJ/AQ into the same bundle, which is irrel anyways since they mostly dont like their hand on the flop and you win with a c-bet.

People hardly ever float down at 50nl.