View Single Post
Old 10-28-2007, 12:32 PM

Default Re: Do you think dogs get lonely?

Katy,

If you can, the shelter or rescue group is the way to go. You can often get whatever type you are looking for, if you are patient, (who knows, you may fall in love with a completely different one).

I've had dogs for most of my life, from Belden English Setters to abandoned strays (my 3 current dogs are 7 year old Lab mix sisters, abandoned by their mother as puppies.... she had obviously been badly mistreated, and was terrified of people).... All of them have been wonderful, but there is something intangible, and bonding in the gratitude of the abandoned.....

Dogs definitely like a companion, but limit yourself to 2 dogs per available human. 3 leashes @ a time is a handful !!

My mother just adopted a Weimeraner (sp?) mix last weekend. In my immediate family, we currently have 12 dogs, all adopted strays. It is really a great experience for all involved !!!

Feel free to pm if you have ?s, comments.

Good luck....

peace, mondo

P.S. They may get bored, and you might feel "neglectful" when you're away, but that really is just a side effect of loving your dogs, and them loving you !!!!