View Single Post
Old 11-01-2007, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Squats and Deadlifts

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Anybody else LOOOOOOOOVE doing them both, heavy, on the same day? Gets me excited about tomorrow just thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] yeah.

The feeling of accomplishment after a heavy leg day is the best. I walk home feeling like I'm John Wayne or something.

Alex - how useful is having a strong grip?
To answer a question with more questions:
Do you ever get introduced to people? Open jars? Does everything you want to pick up off the ground in the real world have nice little handles and straps on it? Do you ever wear t-shirts?(grip strength = big forearms).

[censored], I sound like I've drunk the captain crush koolaid :S

[/ QUOTE ]

ok, im all for haivng a strong grip, but its kind of ridiculous to say that you shouldn't use straps or try gloves because they hurt your grip strength. i highly doubt you will come across a situation during normal life where the limiting factor is grip i fyou can deadlift over 225 (random number than would take a bit of training to achieve)...but preventing yourself from pulling 405 or whatever cuz you don't want to use straps will cause more problems than having the grip strength to lift 305, but not 405...hopefully this makes some sense...