View Single Post
Old 09-25-2007, 07:32 PM

Default Re: It\'s time for the R Word...

pfapfap,

lols, I actually got an invite to your game once. It was from the folks in the restaurant/bar, but BART quits so early and I don't have a car so I never could make it.

Anyway, I don't know how portable your set up is, but here's something I've been thinking about. I've got a line on some rooms in downtown SF that can be rented for $10-15 an hour, probably only $40-50 for the night. Depending on the room they are large enough for 2, 3, 4, maybe even 5 poker tables. They have locking doors, and entry could be managed with a cellphone. They are near bars and clubs, so I don't think you'd attract any attention. If your set-up is such that you can pack it in and pack it out in the same night, have you ever considered something like this, instead of signing an actual lease somewhere? I'm sure there's plenty of spots in the East Bay too like this, but I don't know of them off hand.

Also, I'd be willing to help set-up, manage, or grow a game, if you ever wanted any assistance. PM me if any of this sounds interesting or feasible.

RE: the rake, my suggestion is to keep it simple. 5% upon buying chips is easy to track and won't cause many hiccoughs. The $5 for cashing out $200 even if you're losing on the night or whatnot, I think just asks for an argument.