View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: My favorite game of chess I ever played

I remember when I had to play chess for my class in my school olympics each class had a right to 2 wild-cards which gave u triple the score if u u won, I was by far the best player so they used a wild-card on me. I guaranteed victory in front of all my class.
The format was K.O
5 days before the chess competition I started to feel the pressure by the time there were 1 hour left I was absolutely dying.
On the first game I started losing kinda badly(I would guess around 3 pawns on fritz, he was ahead 1 pawn on material)I realized there was a move which would let me capture a rook uncontested however that move had a refutation which would be really, really bad news for my king, I was so screwed that I thought "f it, lets do it" I was dying until he missed the move in which I started pwning him and won very easily afterwards.
The semi-final was really easy , I could have won that game blindfold OR drunk. Im not kidding btw.
Then came the final, I was ahead all the game( 3 pawns) but started collapsing in the endgame due to the pressure, when I was finally done my oponent told me "sry but ure done" at that point I was absolutely guttted, I felt such like a deep punch on my throat. However he blundered and I went on to win the game! We ended up winning the global competion by 90 points, if I had lost the chess final we would have lost the competion by 110 points.
The prize of winning was a trip to the snow for all my class and the glory.
I havent played competitive chess since, Im just not made for it.