View Single Post
Old 08-03-2007, 05:45 PM

Default Who\'s at fault, the parents or the coach?

Question: Who's at fault here and would it bother you if a coach manhandled your son?

This story caught my eye today. I remember reading about it when it happened and when the YouTube video was posted last fall. Man were some people steamed!

Football apology too tiny?

Stay with me here, I know it looks long but it isn't and I really want your opinion! The story involves a youth football coach who allegedly grabbed a 9 yr old player by the face mask last fall and pulled him around so that he could yell at him for being a poor sport. The kid's feet came off the ground for a few seconds. It all happened very quickly. The league says the coach didn't grab him by the mask, the parents demanded an apology.

As I understand it, the parents stated that if they got an apology they would drop their suit and take the video off YouTube. Well after 10 months we finally have the apology! (Lol, 10 months to work out the wording, geez.) Now the father of the boy (John DeMann) is saying he is not happy with it -

[ QUOTE ]

"DeMann says the lettering used in the apology is so small it's barely legible. He also said the apology is inaccurately worded to imply that he and Ricky share fault in the widely publicized incident."
"This is the most immature youth sports board I've ever dealt with, and that apology is a snub in the face of the whole community," says DeMann.

[/ QUOTE ]

Scroll down to the bottom of the football schedule

Lol at the Youth league for printing an apology with tiny font [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]. Anyway, I was wondering if any of you parents would be upset if a coach grabbed your son and is it a reasonable response to sue a coach for swinging a kid by his face mask?