View Single Post
Old 05-22-2006, 12:51 AM

Default Re: Why we love MGM on weekends

[ QUOTE ]
I was playing at MGM a while ago when these two middle eastern dudes sat down at the table ($3/$6). One guy could speak some english and the other just looked at his friend when it seemed like people were talking to him.

So the first few times it was his turn to act the dealer would say "You can Call $3, raise to $6 or fold" and he would think for a second and just say "CALL" or "RAISE" "FOLD".

After a while it became obvious that he didn't know how to play

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
It's about 3am at MGM and a very, very drunk fellow from Wichita sits beside me. He buys in for $100, and clearly has no clue what he's doing. He just kinda does what the dealer tells him, putting in blinds, folding or betting randomly when the dealer tells him to do something. He's already played and won a couple hands without a showdown when he holds up a red chip and asks me "how much are these worth?" "Five," says I, "and the blues are one." "ooookay".

We play on and pretty soon the table catches on that this is no poker rocket scientist

[/ QUOTE ]

Wouldn't it be immediately obvious when you're sitting with someone who doesn't know what a big blind is?