View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 05:25 AM

Default Re: Turkey Talk: November Low Content Thread

I won 17 BB tonight. Played better than last night, made a couple of really thin decisions. Maybe this hand should be it's own thread, but I'm going to put it here because it is one of those "I had a read" things that won't lend itself to a strat post.

One Outer is in the BB with black JJ. Three limpers, including Villain, who is on absolute life tilt courtesy of me, and I raise. They all call.

There's a little history here in the session. In an earlier hand I read his soul (that's right, his soul) and made a sick river call against him with J high. MHIG. He thought I played bad before that when he found out I mucked A8s to a preflop raise in MP. I know this because he said to me, "you play bad." I loled.

Anyhow, this villain is pretty laggy. He's in a lot of pots, does lots of raising. Can be counted on to raise a pair on most boards. So the flop comes A62 w/ two diamonds. I bet out, laggy villain raises and one of the limpers calls two cold. Immediately, I'm heavily tilting the caller's range to a flush draw. Laggy guy could have any pair, a gutshot or also a flush draw. I call.

Turn brings the Ac. I now decide it is pretty unlikely that laggy villain has an A and he is betting a 6, pp or some sort of weird draw. So I check, he fires, the other guy just calls, and now I'm 100% he has a flush draw. So I raise. Laggy guy looks at his hand, looks at me, looks at his hand again and mucks. He's clearly having thoughts about hurting me. Other guy calls.

River bricks, a 2, and I check because he's not calling and the only way to get anymore money out of him is to induce, even if it will rarely work. He checks, says he can't beat anything, I table JJ and laggy villain guy goes THROUGH THE ROOF. Apparently, I play sooooo bad, and I couldn't have thought my hand was any good there, and if I did think it was good I would have bet out instead of c/r, and blah blah blah. Dealer called the floor over.

He came to the table with $1200 that he won in BJ. When I left he had $700 left.