View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:12 PM

Default Re: unexploitable nl play

yeah im not trying to debate really and it certainly wouldn't become an arguement ( I do like hearing others opinions) but I think if you asked most of the winning lag tags in the mid to high limits lhe games 20/40+ theyd rather face a passive fish or maniac (these are the bad lags, there are definitely a wide array of "lags" some easy to exploit some the toughest in the games) first obviously (depending on the player and who they have better results against/ are better at exploiting and their variance preference) then for sure a rocky tag over a lagtag 30+/20+/2+ type

theres just a reason you dont see hardly any winning true tags at those limits (20ish vpip/ less than 15 pfr) and its becuz they are way too exploitable in way too many spots and easy to play against for competent players. A few really good postflop ( and I mean far superior to the competition) are out there for true tags but not many (and theyre all 2p2ers who have been pros for years).

I dont have much first hand knowledge for the higher levels of NL though truthfully I dont know what empirical evidence shows to be the distribution of winning players stats wise but Im assuming as you move up playing the solid rock style has to give way to playing lag and making people play worse against you to get a sufficient edge (since most of the players will be decent anyways or atleast some day that will probably be more so true of the higher NL games as they dry up to some degree as has happened in limit).