View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 10:05 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Jay,

Very interesting...

1. Besides the obvious reading/posting on the forums, I'm also discussing alot on aim/msn with friends and I'm mentoring one of my friends by watching him play and letting him watch me play. Mostly to improve his game but it also helps me out, and it makes me feel good because before he's been playing break even poker for many 100k hands. I'm also a cr member which has helped me alot. I've been looking to get a coach because I think that would be great when coming closer to higher stakes, but haven't got the time to go through with it yet. I think your idea is really interesting because it will inspire me to work harder on my game. I've read quite alot of books, but not so much lately.

2. I want to move up to 1000nl and play by a more regular basis. Setting up a hand/month goal to begin with. I think by february I should be able to grind 1000nl using good table selection. When I'm there setting up new goals.

3. I'm currently playing 400nl-1000nl, whereever there's good tables. I don't feel like limiting myself to playing one stake because often my ptbb/100, and obv my earnings too, will be greater on higher stakes than my "normal". I think my best month was august this year, about $20k. I don't know how much I've won overall, probably around $160k.

4. I still post most in ssnl, but I post some in msnl too. I usually read more than I post in msnl. Some decent/recent posts, nothing great but shows how I usually approach poker: Msnl ssnl unl

5. I'm from Sweden, 24 years old and studying economics. I've played poker seriously and posted on this forum for about 3 years. Started off with fixed and I've been playing NL for only about a year. I think my fl background helped alot understanding the mathematic background of poker which is not as important in nl but still very valuable. I'm hoping this project could inspire me to play more, discuss more with other ambitious players and help become a better player/move up in limits.