View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 09:03 AM

Default Re: I will mentor you for free

Eek hope I'm not too late, only saw this thread today. Am very interested in this, but not sure if I'm suitable as I haven't been playing for that long and I'm currently playing the micros, but hey I'll give it a shot [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

1. How you are currently improving your game
I read the microstakes forums daily, 2/3 table for at least 1 hour a day and more at weekends, and always go over my sessions in PT afterwards. I read as much as possible and try to use anything I learn to improve the next game I play. I'm also a member of Cardrunners and watch a lot of their NL vids, both small and high stakes, to get an idea of how the pros vary their thought processes according to their opponents.

2. Your poker goals.
Long term goals would be to become a winning player at the higher stakes. I'd love to make poker more than just a hobby, but I know a realistic goal right now is to work my way up by playing as much as possible, improving my game and plugging the (many) leaks in it. I want to fix any problems in my game as I go rather than come back to them at a later date and not know where to start.

3. Your current stakes and past earnings
I play NL10 and have a (win?/average?) rate of 6.5PTBB/100 but it's only over a small sample. Have won around $1.1k in a tournament a few months ago, was complete beginner's luck as I sat with a hand rankings chart and didn't have much clue as to what I was doing. I don't consider this an 'earning' as such, since I didn't really deserve it, but it has provided me with a starting bankroll of $450 to grind the micros with.

4. A few examples of good strategy posts you have made
I've not made any 'how to' guides as I don't feel confident enough to write a huge lengthy post and risk potentially misleading other players, but hopefully with your help I can do that in the future and give something back to the community.
However when replying to threads I don't like giving one word answers as these don't help anybody, and I wouldn't learn much from a one word reply either. Here are a few recent examples
click1 click2 click3 click4

5. A little about yourself. If you're capable and willing to run the site and videos include that in your reply
I'm a 21 year old computer science student at university of Leeds; not sure what I want to do afterwards, guess I'll have to wait and see where cs takes me. I try to play as much as I can in my spare time while trying not to let it affect my uni work. Joined 2p2 3 months ago when I started playing, but didn't really know what to do so lurked around for a while and read articles. As for website I'm more than happy to setup the forums and host vids; my bf has over 3TBs of monthly bandwidth allocation which he doesn't use, so I could just ninja some of that.

Phew that was a long post...and if you've managed to wade your way through all of it, thanks for reading [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]