View Single Post
Old 11-20-2007, 04:08 PM

Default Re: Am I ahead here ever?

[ QUOTE ]
I raise to ~700 pre flop. I have seen so many people show down crap with UTG min raise. I can also fold comfortably to a 4 bet pre flop.

As played I chk raise flop and also prolly fold to a 3-bet as we can still have lots of chips left behind for a better spot.

[/ QUOTE ]

i've been reading a lot of threads in hsmtt where they strongly advise against 3-bet/folding and i think it makes a lot of sense. they basically say that if you're 3-betting here, it should be with the intention of calling a shove, or you're turning your hand into a bluff. you said you've seen people minraise with crap, so why wouldn't you want to get it in pf against a wide range? if you're going to 3-bet/fold, you definitely don't want to do it against someone with 20bb. you'd be getting 2-1 on his shove, so you're basically commited to calling if you play it that way.

the flop illustrates a similar concept, i think. if you're c/r'ing intending to fold to a shove, why are you 3-betting at all? i think if you're unsure whether or not you have the best hand here, you should c/c, and if you're c/r'ing you should be happy to get it in. otherwise, you're turning your hand into a bluff again, and you'd be getting great odds to call. if you raise his flop bet to 700 and he moves in, you're getting 2.8-1. i put a range of AA,TT,AJs+,AJo+ and QQ/KK with a spade into pokerstove and i got 41.6% equity on the flop. if you c/r flop and he shoves, you need less than 26% for it to be -cEV, and the only way that would happen is if he only moves in with a set, AK, or a made flush.