View Single Post
Old 11-12-2007, 02:32 AM

Default Re: MMA and Boxing Fights of the Year

[ QUOTE ]
At the risk of being a snob, if you would call Huerta a BJJ expert, then you probably don't know what you're talking about.

[/ QUOTE ]

You may be right about Huerta, I've always found him very impressive on the ground but that's probably because he's so athletic and good at defending submissions. BJ Penn and Stevenson are definitely better examples of exciting BJJ experts.

[ QUOTE ]
Put Huerta against BJ Penn or even Joe Stevenson and see how much of "BJJ expert" he looks like.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think that if Huerta wins his next fight he's going to get very close to a title shot against the winner of Penn/Stevenson. I think he's got a really good shot.

[ QUOTE ]
That's all a matter of opinion. though. Just because you find more BJJ-oriented ground work more exciting than wrestling/GNP, doesn't mean everyone does.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, um, of course it's all subjective... Personnally I like fights that are very spectacular on the ground with a lot of position changes, sweeps, submission attempts etc. One guy holding the other down and occasionally striking doesn't do it for me. I also like it when fights don't go the distance.

Oh btw, once we get enough candidates we should have a vote in this thread for MMA fight of the year.