View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:55 AM

Default Re: Just Got Patrik Antonius Answer To The Question I Asked Kenny Tran

Alright, I'll chime in with my opinion (albeit worthless probably)

We all play poker, sure, but we play many different versions. That difference could be in the type of game, hold'em, omaha, stud, or mixed. It could be in the style of game, whether it be cash games, SNGs, or MTTs. And it could also be where and how we play, live or online. Now, there are people who are good at omaha, suck at hold'em. There are people who are amazing at cash games, can't last 5 minutes in a MTT. There are tons of great SNGs players who would be lost in a MTT field. We consider these players to be great at their own specific 'study' of poker. I think the same can be said for live and online. There are very few pros before the poker boom who have adjusted and played online successfully, a very big exception to this would be PA and maybe DB/Gus if you want to call them successful. The reason most online players would not be as good as live is because of the way online compares to live. Online you see 4x as many hands, can generally figue out players better (not reads, but the style they play) and so on. Many online players cannot adjust to having to play so slow, with such great concentration and study to play a NLHE cash game. The same can be said for live players trying to play online. They are lost at playing so many hands and playing more or less by feel than sitting there staring at how a player acts during a hand.

It's like saying is A better than B because A beat C while B beat D, but C and D are equal, if that makes much sense lol