View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 07:21 PM

Default My (admittedly stupid) Jason Campbell bet

I was discussing his progress w/ some friends today (none of whom are Redskins fans, several of which are Redskins haters) and none of them are too impressed w/ him. His career statistics: 16 starts, 3,000 yards, 57% completion percentage, 19 TDs, 13 INTs, 78.4 passer rating.

They all said they'd rather have Eli Manning (whose passer rating through his first 16 games is slightly worse than that of JC) if they had to choose a QB to build a team around (the debate was only Eli versus JC, no other QBs were in the discussion). I said that we should let JC have as many starts as Eli has had and then we'd reevaluate. I'd love to get some opinions on this, especially from those that have seen a fair amount of film on both of these guys.

Anyway, somehow it bastardized into me making this bet: If Jason Campbell is the Redskins opening day starter in 2010, my buddy has to buy a Campbell jersey and wear it every Sunday of that football season. I get to keep the jersey after the season is over. If Campbell is not the starter due to his ineffectiveness, I have to wear a jersey of my friend's choosing (jerseys of Michael Vick, O.J. Simpson, Pacman Jones, etc. notwithstanding) on every Sunday of that football season. The bet is a push if Campbell is on the bench due to injury or if his progress between now and then is slowed by a major injury (torn ACL/MCL, torn rotator cuff, etc.).

Ready, set, go.