View Single Post
Old 11-04-2007, 08:11 PM

Default Re: NL25 - Too Loose w/ Middle Set?

The flop bet to me seems ridiculously obvious, but as posted in my other thread, I don't get paid off as much as I'd like. I figured this was a WA/WB situation. People had been giving my big bets some respect. At higher limits or my home games, I bet bigger here, but I thought it would cause folds here. And a re-raise on the flop would surely slow down MP1, no? Don't I want him to think he can bet big and push me off? Considering stack sizes, didn't it work out fairly well without pumping the pot on the flop? Tho' I do understand that as I enter better games, people will be more prone to play back at me, so maybe I should focus on that anyway.

As with the other hand I posted today, many at the table were surprised that I didn't fear being beat. Me, I figure I'll lose with set over set every time, I'm ready to accept that, as well as KK < AA short stacked preflop.

Thanks for the feedback, though. I posted today because the table was so surprised by some of my plays, so it's nice to get the positive reinforcement (and needed criticism). I got my online bankroll through a satellite and then tournament win, and I got a bit over-confident (also trying out new things) and had to slip down in cash game levels to protect my bankroll. I think there are at least some signs I'll be back up again soon.