Thread: AA facing heat
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2007, 08:08 PM

Default Re: AA facing heat

Tough spot when he bets the turn, folding can't be terrible. I'm not sure I fold yet though.

As others have said it really depends a lot on how often you think he might cold-call JJ-KK in the SB, not to mention if he's potentially tricky enough to cold-call some suited connectors etc and check-raise this sort of board.

I don't see that much has changed on the turn though, and there isn't a huge range we're behind. A straight is unlikely, though obviously the 7 does give him two pair with 78 (also fairly unlikely imo) or perhaps a set if he didn't have one already.

Basically, against an aggressive tricky opponent i think unless you can narrow his SB cold-calling range to low-mid pairs, there's just too much chance we're way, way ahead of a lot of stuff - 66, 99-KK, maaaybe 89s if he'd bet the turn, and maybe a lot of overcard air - to be folding. Folding AA on this board on the turn all the time would possibly be pretty exploitable (but then, so would calling) - what are you ever going to show down with once you call the flop c/r and he bets a low turn card? almost nothing unless you've got a set yourself.. seems like he would have a pretty profitable bluff.

River will be a tough decision if you call and he bets big though, might well be a fold unless you think he can fire three barrels.