View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 05:44 PM

Default Re: Flopped nut full vs tough villain, deep ($5/5)

Wazz,

I'm not quite sure how you connected me to Dave G, but say hi to him for me. I played him every week probably for the best part of a decade.

I wasn't too happy with the tone of the post I made. Unfortunately, I either tend to write very long winded, i.e. blog and Card Player, or very short to the point of rude. And I did come over as a bit of a [censored]. So for that I apologise. I don't come here to deliberately antagonise.

As to the hands in question, I did say that I thought the actually hand here was played okay. As to the other, well, I still think you are being too results orientated. If you had a smaller stack fine, but it was just too large and you were fortunate to be so dominant on the flop.

The bankroll stuff is dependent on whether you are a pro or not. If you are, then I would say 40-50k is what is required to play $2-5 PLO for sure. The "winners tilt" thing was a jibe at myself. I forget that most here weren't around 2 years ago when I set fire to 50k in two months, when 5-10 and the new 10-20 were the biggest games online. Also, you mentioned the bankroll/backing stuff yourself. If you don't want people to speculate then you shouldn't really put that stuff up. I've been effectively poker busto for a chunk of time now, simply because I pissed away the very reasonable amounts I won last year in the real world. So I know what its like scrabbling around. Anyway, good luck and all the best.

Dave