View Single Post
Old 11-23-2007, 09:32 PM

Default Re: Getting levelled in 3 bet pot

[ QUOTE ]

He's out of the small blind, so I imagine his PFR is around his average of 16% of hands. Download pokerstove and look at how much trash there is in a lot of that range. I can't even fathom him calling a 3 bet with any repetition whatsoever with more than maybe top 6-7% of the range. Then after he calls with this severely restricted range I again can't fathom him c/r'ing more than 60% of the time. If he's doing something more often he'd probably be broke within days.

a)because air makes up a very small % of his bluff pushing range

What? So you're saying he simultaneously calls a sick amount of 3 bets then check raises the flop all the time but he rarely has air? So he either check/folds a lot or check/calls the flop with air intending to take it away later? wtf??!!

He must have a jamie gold sized luckbox then.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're really good at picking up on things that haven't been written. I never said villain plays a sick amount of 3 bet pots, just that its not super rare. He probably 4 bets or folds all easily dominated hands and calls with hands that can flop good and whose relative strength is apparent. He's also not making this move "all the time", because he doesn't have to do it all the time for it to be profitable, and also there's metagame considerations against light 3 bettors. It's also highly dependant on flop texture and opponent. This particular flop is a good one to make a move on with air.

He also has a VPIP of 23 from the SB, and is actually a 0.61BB/hand winner over a decent sample, so its probably safe to say that he's a very good BoB player(obviously i didn't know this at the time). If he's opening this much and being profitable, he's probably defending that money too.