View Single Post
Old 11-08-2007, 10:23 AM

Default Re: Review of Crown Royal Cask #16?

* Not much of a Drinker.

My Dad was drinking this the other day, and he told me he was given the Crown Royal Cask #16 from his softball team (he is the manager). He let me dip my pinkie in his drink to taste (he had it in a "highball glass" with just ice). It was HOT! But it had a good taste.

I asked him why this is anything special. Well, he told me that you need more than one taste to really "taste" it and licking your finger doesn't really work. So, he poured me my own adult drink with some of the Crown, some ice, and some root beer.

I must say, this drink was very smooth and about half way through I started to feel warm in my ears and cheeks, and a little bit in my throat, some more warm in my chest and tummy. I was thinking this was the best adult drink I ever had and I was glad to be drinking the same stuff as my dad because he is very macho. He was pleased too, because I usually only drink wine coolers (if at all).

I was thinking about trying it again just before I read your post! However, my dad is out of town, and I see that he drew a pencil line to mark how much Crown is left. I don't want to upset the apple cart if you know what I mean. So, I am thinking of trying some brandy and a mix called Rosier's Lime Juice. I will let you all know how it goes.