View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:58 PM

Default Re: Another \"Am I a D-bag\" thread

[ QUOTE ]

I would also be somewhat curious about the angle on the newb you called him on a couple weeks prior.

[/ QUOTE ]

He was first to act on the river, and it got checked around. He was first to show, however he held his cards in his hands and pretended not to be paying attention. Dealer said at least 3 times "your first" to him or some variant, however he played dumb and waited until his opponent turned over his hand. Then, after seeing he had a winner, villain turned over his hand.

When I said something to him "you know you were first to flip," he said that he couldn't hear because his earphones were in. This is someone who has been playing cards for years, and he had been able to hold conversations perfectly fine with his earphones in, so I gave a sarcastic "uh huh" to him. He immediately got red in the face and shouted "are you calling me a liar?" I kind of shrugged, and that was also pretty much the end of it. At the end of the session, I said to him "if you really couldn't hear, then I apologize."

Again, I should've probably stayed out of it, but my pushy self got in the way of a peaceful poker session.