View Single Post
Old 02-07-2007, 07:25 PM

Default Need help with how to react to the common players

I know this is going to vary on the type of image that you tend to establish...but im just gonna go ahead and post based on my assumptions and see if I can get some input.
I play a pretty laggy type of game and am a 40vpip/10pfr player wit a 12bb/100 rate.
When I sit down at the table this is how I tend to attempt to exploit my opponents based on their vpip/pfr

5-15vpip/4-10pfr- generally dont get too involved with these players...but attempt to make big hands with suited connectors/pocket pairs given deep stack play will repop preflop fairly rarely and on a bluff almost nver...tend to make most on unraised pots in bb when i flop big and they play tp/gk aggressively...other thn that not my fav player

5-15vpip/0-4pfr- i tend to avoid these players and generally just look for big, hidden flops i can bet...generally find these players easy to read and have to make up for playing few hands with more c/c wit tptk

30-50vpip/5-20pfr- depends generally come in two types...skilled and unskilled tend to differentiate based on ability to fold top pair into tough spots and ability to pound on weaker players...if skilled i completely change my game to decieve them...if unskilled i tend to play pretty straightforward

50+vpip/20+pfr-yumyum...these are where i personally make the bulk of my money as i suspect u do too...ill tend to play much more hands against these players and tend to find predictable and exploitable patterns to take advantage of as well...no real set strategy more of a player by player strat..

50+vpip/<20pfr- i play very straightforward against these players and def play smallball until i find a good spot where im pretty sur he has at least tp/tk and i have close to the nuts...alot of waiting sumtimes involved wit these players

Anyway these are teh players i typically see and would like any input into potential problems/critisms wit my apporach...i never post so prob not very good one...but im trying
Srry for the length