View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 06:07 PM

Default Re: 63o - hand vs Private Joker

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Private Joker raises. 4 callers. I call with 63o, because stox says to call with any 2 here, and because I am drinking a corona.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unless I am mistaken, stox recomends calling a raise out of BB for 1 more bet with 6 opponents. That is very different than calling 2 cold with 5. And he also says to continue only if you flop 2 pair or better. So, it must be a corona.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, but c'mon, its still a 6-3o. Even if you hit it, the five other players are drawing to a flush, with two cards to come. I even figured out the math here, it just ain't worth it, even against a donk like Joker.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be interested to see the long form of "figuring out the math"

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually Stox, my math and statistical skills atrophied since my college and grad school days of thirty years ago. However, in your brilliant work "Winning in Tough Holdem Games" (of which I purchased a copy the day it was available)you prepared an analysis, of defending with a 6-3o. I must review this once I return home to check the results for this hand under various limits to the best of my recollection.

Anyway, it still seems to me if you are up against Joker in this situation, you are getting your ass kicked in the end with your two pair of 6-3o.