View Single Post
Old 09-20-2007, 12:32 AM

Default Re: Who banned Clarkmeister?

While I can understand the dismissal of comparisons of say, calling Dids fat, to the current situation on grounds of both outright level of poor taste and ability of the victim to defend himself, I cannot then understand what the rational for allowing people to insult in various ways anonymous women, or even poker pros, who do not post on this forum.

While those people might have the ability to defend themselves, technically, where Hal does not, their simple choice to not read every post on twoplustwo means they are equally oblivious to the trash talked about them on these forums. While it is true that it is possibly more likely that someone reading about Hal here might then go and meet Hal and do something rude, that's not really a great excuse. Random girl who makes the mistake of dating a B4L poster should be equally protected from insult.

Anyway, just wanted, while we have Mason around, to mention that perhaps if the general tone is going to be looked at, it could be a bit more consistent. Perhaps I'm missing something that makes making fun of a disabled guy who plays poker and is a nice guy because he slows down the game less acceptable than making fun of a girl because she has a big nose and then photoshopping an elephant trunk and a bunch of supermarios humping her or some nonsense just because some moron decided to post her picture in this space.