View Single Post
Old 06-22-2007, 01:50 AM

Default $5.50\'s short-stacked odds question

sorry for not having the hand professionally converted, but i don't really have the exact details anyway, but i can give a similar example.

the basic question is this: SB is chip leader. myself/BB and CO are basically on bubble, trying to get third place. both playing that ICM-motivate style of folding alot. SB is min-raised me twice in a row after CO/button both fold..... are there any cards with which you would just call a min-raise and see the flop, or is it just FOLD OR ALL-IN, in which case you're mostly folding..

$5.50's (50/30/20 prize structure)
blinds $150/$300
CO: 2100
button: 4300
SB/villain: 6500
BB/Hero: 2100

CO folds
button folds
SB/villain raises to 600
BB??? (looking for a reasonable calling range if any. i think i know the obvious fold and all-in ranges)

basically would you ever call (leaving you with 5BB's) and see what the flop brings. say with 89s?? pot odds are 3 to 1 ..... as i said, SB has done min-raise last 3 times, so he feels pretty comfortable i'll fold most hands.

my thinking is that calling doesn't use up too many chips. it allows me to play the BB in front of me which i lose... and the other small stack or me is going to pick up a big hand and double up or crash out soon. but calling this small raise gives me another cheap avenue to perhaps double my stack....

thanks in advance!!!. as i said, i think i know the obvious all-in and fold ranges. just not sure in-between them in terms of possibly seeing a flop.