View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 01:05 AM

Default Re: new live 5-5 plo game at bike...big hand

[ QUOTE ]
id actually like to hear your analysis...

[/ QUOTE ]

OK.

[ QUOTE ]

Fold preflop,

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd think this one's fairly obvious. You're 7 buy-ins deep and you've got a hand that's almost impossible to make the nuts with. A4x is the only flop that gives you a decent wrap, and you're going to be on the wrong end of any set-over-set confrontations unless someone has the case two deuces on an x32 flop. This is a hand I'd usually open-fold in the CO with 100 BB. Playing it this deep in a multi-way pot is suicide.

[ QUOTE ]
bet flop,

[/ QUOTE ]

You've got a very strong hand, you're second to last to act, and you're playing with a bunch of loose-passive live players. Furthermore, the player behind you doesn't even have the betting lead.

[ QUOTE ]
fold to bet and raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're now behind your opponents' ranges. Saying the check/raiser can have "any two pair" is extremely optimistic. He might have top two occasionally, but it will usually be a set.

[ QUOTE ]
Check turn and if you do bet, fold to the raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

The player behind you is strongly giving evidence of a draw. There was no flush draw on the flop and the most likely open-ender got there as did the good wraps. You are giving away the entire value of your hand (when it's even live) by making it a near break-even decision between a fold and a call when it's raised behind you (which it will be over 50% of the time IMO).

I don't want to recalculate the pot odds, but I think I figured that with 7/38 cards being outs for you, you were just barely short of the direct odds to call and I think you lose more value from the times you're against JJJ, then you gain in the rare circumstances where weaker hands raise you.