Thread: A rag or 98o?
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2007, 04:00 PM

Default Re: A rag or 98o?

[ QUOTE ]

I would rather have two live cards (89) than ace rag against a better ace.

[/ QUOTE ]
I would rather have money than a good-looking hand. A7 not only does better when called by most calling ranges, it also gets called less frequently since it blocks your opponent from holding many calling hands.

If you want to claim 98o is better, find situations and plausible calling ranges such that 98o is better. If you actually take the time to do the calculations right, you may come around to what just about everyone else is saying, and the conclusions of a past article, "The Myth of Suited Connectors," in the 2+2 Internet Magazine. You are asserting the myth is right contrary to the calculations. Come up with relevant calculations which support your side, or give up.

[ QUOTE ]
interested in PS calcs

[/ QUOTE ]
Then go to http://www.pokerstove.com and download it. It is free.

[ QUOTE ]

Ace rag (assume 2 - 6) vs better ace (used ace 7 for calc)23%

[/ QUOTE ]
That's not close to correct. Domination is generally less of a factor when the kickers are low, as there is a greater chance the kickers do not play. The range a2o-a6o wins 36% against A7s, and 38% against A7o. It wins 25% against AKs and 27% against AKo.

Your other figures are also wrong, although not as dramatically.

[ QUOTE ]

I'm not calling a jam with 2 overs like kq (without more info)

[/ QUOTE ]
There are many situations in which it is clearly right to call pushes with KQ, unless you have reads. I have often gotten called by KQ.