View Single Post
Old 10-27-2007, 06:49 PM

Default Re: Do you think dogs get lonely?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
1. If you get a dog, adopt one from a shelter or pound. Lots of unwanted dogs. That's where I got mine!

2. Of course dogs get lonely and bored. I think it's because they have no concept of time...so it really doesn't matter if you're gone for for five minutes or 10 hours - to them you're gone FOREVER!

That's why they're so happy when u return. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

3. Crate training is fine...dogs are den animals and love to be underneath/in something...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for everyone's comments.

1. I might go this route. I don't think I can handle a puppy even though I love them so much. I think I'm looking for a more mature dog. Someone who has the bathroom thing down. But I want one that looks cool. Like the fellow in the picture.

2. Dom, what do you do with your dog when you're gone. Does he just hang out on your couch all day?

3. Is crate training only for the early stages and eventually you throw away the crate?

[/ QUOTE ]

I got Sammy when he was two and he was already housebroken. When I had a regular job it was close by so I'd come home at lunch and take him for quick walk. Otherwise, he'd either hang out in the house or outside in the back yard.

I don't know much about crate training so I'm not the one to ask. I just know what a friend who did it told me!