View Single Post
Old 11-29-2007, 02:25 AM

Default Re: 400NL: Over pair, ugly flop, semi-deep.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Well, my thinking was that i was betting to protect my hand on a drawy board. If I bet way less, this goal is not accomplished.

I guess betting smaller will get called by a wider range, just being more for value. But, I also get shoved on lighter.

So, I don't think betting smaller makes it easier to fold or to shove.

[/ QUOTE ]

in fact betting smaller makes it less likely u get shoved on IMO because when u bet big ur essentially putting him to a decision for all his chips so he might just decide to felt tp or go with a draw etc. However, when u bet smaller, it seems like he still has some playing to do and doesnt have to decide whether or not to go with the hand right then and there, its not like hes gonna bluff shove this board for his stack just cause ur bet was a bit weaker.

[/ QUOTE ]

okay if you bet small villain i don't see why the villain would change his mind and call. If he has a draw and you were on a squeeze he wants to protect his hand and he is going to raise you regardless of what you bet. I dont see any point in betting small.

Imo you should decide on the flop what the villain's range is here i.e. what does he flat to a button open and then flat again to what looks like a squeeze? I would probably check this flop back just because it hits his range of midpairs and suited connectors so hard. In addition you have the Q of hearts, so a heart hitting really isnt too bad and since he is oop you can just call when he donks out on the turn and go for pot control. But if you are going to bet, there are way too many draws out there to fold to a raise. as played i would shove.