View Single Post
Old 11-24-2007, 02:56 PM

Default Re: So I\'m going to Prison for 2 years

[ QUOTE ]
A relative of mine had a few DUIs and finally got his license back, but he has one of those breathalyzer machines in his car. Whenever the car is on, at random times, some thing goes off, and he has like 3 minutes to blow/hum into it or else its a violation. He also has to pay $100/month for two years for having the device and calibration, etc.

He said he was just getting used to it, and got a violation at like 9am because he left his car running to go back into the house to grab something he forgot and it went off.

With some people DUI just a result of the disease of alcoholism, so for that I don't immediately say "you're evil! i hope you rot in hell!" but I also think there is absolutely no excuse.

2.5 years sucks, especially at 20. thankfully you didn't take some family in a minivan with you and hopefully this will set you straight in life.

[/ QUOTE ]

I clearly have an issue with alcohol and am currently addressing it( have been to rehab and am currently involved with AA). This is not an excuse but it sheds light on the greater problem. We could have a whole other debate on whether Prison is a positive solution for people and society as a whole.

I will also probably lose my license for like 5 years for all you in favor of heavy punishment