View Single Post
Old 10-07-2006, 02:53 PM

Default Re: Depressing, but surely value long term future.

[ QUOTE ]

I can't see it getting to 6000 with the inevitable huge slowdown in online seats. Given that we don't know the buyin yet, or even if Harrah's will be under the same ownership, I think that over is very ambitious indeed.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't disagree with the rest, necessarily, but I think to call a huge slowdown "inevitable" is jumping the gun.

As I've posted in the discussion in the legislation forum, i don't think this is going to actually affect the numbers of online poker in the negative much, if at all.

We've yet to see what actual effect the legislation will have, beyond Party and a couple other sites pulling out of the US Market. I see nothing in the legilation that will make it difficult to get money to poker sites.

In fact, if it ends up moving all the traffic to Tilt and Stars, we'll probably see some pretty significant growth as people find even better tournament structures there compared to Party. Party was never the best place to win a seat anyways...

Not to mention the potential possiblity of a carve-out for online poker or legalization of US-run sites (Harrahs/etc) prior to WSOP '07 which would make this a slam-dunk over IMO.

All in all, because of the high levels of uncertainty over the actual effect of the legislation, and because it's tying up money for so long, I'm certainly avoiding this.

/my $0.02