View Single Post
Old 09-09-2007, 10:18 PM

Default Re: KQo SB: Flop and Turn

okay, i agree this(for me anyway) is a pretty standard turn bet.

having 2 opponents in a smallish pot, i wondered if checking might have some merit(yes, even with these opponents).

look at what i've done in this hand. i've raised pf from the worst position, the SB, and proceeded to fire on a Ahigh flop and get called in two places. when the King turns, don't you guys think it makes it pretty hard for a worse hand to call?

on this board, when i bet this turn and get called, a good chunk of my EV from worse hands is going to come from those on the flush draw. having one(or both) of these opponents on that exact draw is actually going to be a minority of the time. if that's the case, a large amount of the time i bet either they both fold or i bet and get checkraised/called by a better hand.

it's one of those situations that pretty much all options suck, so we just need to pick the best one and betting seems to be it. BUT, a freecard doesn't kill us because the pot's not that big. it's not like another overcard can come to hurt us. and as i stated earlier with an Ace and King on that board, it makes it tough for a worse made hand(pairs, specifically) to call. plus, there's a chance we're behind anyway. i've stated these guys were relatively passive, but i've also stated they are small samples so in the grand scheme of things mostly unknown. this is an online game and generally, typical internet opponents will bet a pretty big range when checked to(even relatively passive ones). this might have the effect of widening the range(or ranges) of their hands that might put a big bet in on the turn versus me just betting.

i'm not saying checking is best, but i think we might have something to at least consider. it appears to be(and very well could be) an autobet, but at least we have something to talk about. or maybe not. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]