View Single Post
Old 03-26-2007, 03:40 AM

Default Re: Are There Any Atheists Who Believe in Rushes?

One could also vastly simplify this question to, "Are there any Atheists who are Irrational?"

The answer is yes, enough of the time to matter.

I have a personal and close experience with an atheist filled with hatred towards religion--but anecdotal evidence is just for your entertainment.

I'm not sure if DS is so correct in believing in the infallibility of logic is whether or not there's complete or sufficient information available.

Just think of scientific and engineering solutions that have turned into disasters. Messing up the Florida Everglades, introduction of 'alien' species to solve a problem are just minor examples.

I don't know enough about history to rebut the Jesuits who point out the French Revolution and the Communist revolution as further counterexamples. Can anyone elaborate and set DS on the right track?

Then there's Kline on Mathematics and perhaps Chaitin (I dunno). Apparently faith is more important and prevalent then the neophyte first thinks.

Scientists rely on faith, just not the kind that we're most familiar with.

DS needs to grow if he's to be interesting. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]