View Single Post
Old 03-24-2006, 02:55 PM

Default Re: I have papers to write but who cares...ask me questions about LOST

[ QUOTE ]
Dharma initiative, big hippie experiment, government secret op, part of weird spiritual afterlife?

Whats their purpose?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am not J.J. Abrams (unfortunately). It is obvious that Dharma is behind whatever it is that this show is "really about." My thoughts are as follows:

I think the show is going to end up having what I have been calling a two-pronged story. There will be the plot and the physical actions that occur on the island and in the flashbacks. By all accounts this is a very intriguing story. But in addition to that I think it is almost undeniable that the entire show has religious/spiritual overtones.

The writers are obviously very gifted. I feel that they will write the rest of the show/series in such a way that watchers can take out of the show what they want. If you want to watch an action based show a lot of mystery and drama based on human to human interaction then you can go right ahead. If you want to look a little deeper and read between the lines as well as the interconnection of the characters then you can get something entirely different, and exponentially more gratifying and interesting in my opinion, ouf of the show.