View Single Post
Old 11-26-2007, 12:17 AM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

That sounds about right...

Now, the smoking thing - I totally agree that it's silly, and frankly I'm sure it will be addressed. Having a non smoking room where people can literally stand a foot away and blow smoke into the room is baffling to me. I'm sure that once things smooth out a bit they will either install some glass to block off the smoke, better filters to suck it out of there, or make it so that the smokers are otherwise isolated from the room.

The TV's are useless, and that's a shame with such a nice room otherwise. Plenty of room between tables, and good spacing. What they need to do is get some TV's on the pillars through the room - especially if they are going to skimp and use small 20 inchers.

See, for someone as solid as I am (Very TAG) it's a tougher room because people will often call with TPWK, and either spike two pair, or otherwise suck-out. I'm just not used to thinking that on a board of K-T-4 rainbow when I have A-K that a 7 coming off on the turn is a bad card for me (when the villian has K-7)

All in all, there is money to be made there. Like you said - Most people have NO concept of stack sizes, pot-odds, proper buy-ins, or position. There are a lot of internet players that think you have to raise every time you have the button, and even when you play back at them, they don't know how to release their hands.

I'm going to check out Wheeling sometime this week, I believe.