View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 07:53 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

haha..being a smoker, i didn't really notice it in the poker room NEARLY as much as i did in the slots area...

but yeah, i got a chuckle out of my brother saying...'so what, you stand here, on the carpet, you can't smoke, but move 2 feet over, you can??'it got to a point where i was literally taking a quick, 2 minute smoke break just about every 2 rounds of so..folding, quickly getting up, hotboxing a marlboro, and sitting down with time to spare before the next hand, especially because i was along the rail, and could still watch the hand in play...

and there really is no barrier between the areas...i played on a table right along the rail all afternoon, and people were literally hanging over the rail, smoking, about a foot behind the players..

i smoked cigarette after cigarette at the bar there, paying WAAY too much to get drunk and watch football while my brother finished...

again, i'm a smoker, but i understand the strangeness of it all...

i'm thinking that [censored] cafeteria they have could be halved, one half being tables to eat, and the other could be some sort of enclosed area, maybe with glass most of the way up to the ceiling, and lots of ventilation??

edit: also, the tv's SUCK. hard. get some bigger [censored] tv's please, so i don't have to have railbirds checking scores on the teeny tv's all the way across the room...a 50+ incher on the wall in front of the men's room is needed, for sure..