View Single Post
Old 11-25-2007, 06:46 PM

Default Re: Mountaineer Trip Report- WV

[ QUOTE ]
there was a 10/25nl game going yesterday afternoon, too...took a little doing, but it was going.

as a smoker, i love the fact that i had to take literally 7 steps from my table to smoke, but i completely understand non-smokers at a table along the rail...you can smoke literally in an entire circle around the tables, just not at the tables. my brother (nonsmoker, usually) was happy being 'it could've gotten ridiculous if everyone could smoke at the tables', but again, i see the point. there has to be room somewhere in that big room for us to go...

again, to me, i loved it. i could leave and be back for the next hand. but if you despise smoke, it's a little strange...

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, it is pretty good for smokers. But for nonsmokers, there's unfortunately nowhere to hide at Mountaineer. It would be good if they could throw up glass around the rail, so that smokers could still grab a quick smoke, and the rest of us could have a smoke-free environment.

Right now, the smoke is the most intense along the rail, of course. But realistically, playing a session anywhere in that Poker Room means that you'll be immersed in smoke. When I visit, I dress in really old clothes, and I dump them in the basement as soon I get home so that my house doesn't smell. And a quick shower is mandatory.