View Single Post
Old 11-16-2007, 09:46 AM

Default Re: Bonds Responds

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He picks and chooses the parts he wants while ignoring the rest.

[/ QUOTE ]

My sincere apologies, but you have to realize that there is more written about Bonds on 2+2 than in all of the recorded text in human history from 2000 AD to 1979.

I'm only one man, bro, I try to touch on all the relevant stuff, but I just can't address every single sentence you write.

[/ QUOTE ]

I know you cant respond to *everything* but the last post of mine you replied to where you intentionally misrepresented my response by only quoting where I said "yes" while leaving out the rest that obviously qualifies that answer is a bit of a sham, dont you think?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
He is obviously not going to change his mind but I enjoy the chase so to speak.

[/ QUOTE ]

I actually haven't made up my mind, as I've said several times previous....I am refraining from speculation until both sides have a chance to present their case.

[/ QUOTE ]

FWIW, I have not made up my mind either. But I would say I am leaning towards yes at least as much as you are leaning towards no. Unless this indictment has changed your opinion at all.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I have been wrong on a handful of occassions in this thread and have learned a ton by doing some research.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, you have been wrong several times, but I enjoyed our discussions because I could tell you were interested in researching things after being proven wrong, and I could tell you were learning along the way....as opposed to the usual meatheads screaming 'I HATES THE BONDS'....etc

[/ QUOTE ]

Again, I have learned a ton by digging through a lot of this stuff. I have enjoyed the argument for the most part even if in the end I don't really care what happens with him.
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

I still think RB is at least partially dishonest in his arguments and that my general point stands.

[/ QUOTE ]

Dishonest about what? I said Hank saw a late career power surge....and he did. How on earth is me stating fact interpreted as dishonest?

[/ QUOTE ]

Same as my first answer to this. You said Hank and Barry experienced "eerily similar" late season surges. I showed you using facts and numbers that they did not. And you just skipped past that without acknowledging it. So while they experienced similar "raw" increases you know as well as I do that is largely irrelevant.