View Single Post
Old 08-21-2007, 11:49 PM

Default Re: overbet river bluff

i don't get why you say that you put him on a big hand

when board is KQ7Ass and he checks the turn to you, he is repping weakness not strength, strength would be continuing to bet. KJ/AJ/AT/A5/even QJ maybe are what his play is visibly aligned with. especially if he's an aggressive player as you say, a vast majority of the time he's going to be betting the turn with twopair+ since you're taking a free card so much with a flush draw or checking back a pair + gutshot, and of course basic metagame, if he wants to barrel this very good turn in the future he also has to bet it with at least a pair of aces

yeah he might have AA/KK/AK/AQ sometimes if he's playing it tricky but not nearly often enough, and the important thing is that HE DOESN'T EXPECT YOU TO PUT HIM ON THAT RANGE. i.e., when you overbet shoves into him when he is playing his hand slowly, he is going to think you're trying to make him fold the mediocre hand that he's repping and therefore he should call.

that's just what i think anyway and i obv am a terrible station tiltmonkey so w/e