View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 02:24 AM

Default Re: Q&A, three part post: Lifting, lifestyles, nutrition, etc. **LONG*

Have you ever been on a routine where you did 3 sets of 5 OR 5 sets of 5? (not counting warm-ups) What kind of results did you get?

Question about the squat: I think since I've just recently been doing FULL squats (2 months or so), that all my muscles aren't balanced. My knees tend to move a bit, they want to adduct (come together). I currently do squats 3 times a week @ 3 sets of 5. It's very hard to perform the sets btw. What should I do to correct my knee movement? Should I back off on the weight a little, do assistance exercises, change stance?

I also recently hurt my muscle or connective tissue where the pec muscle connects to the arm/shoulder, probably because I started too fast. I know I have to leave bench press alone for awhile, but was wondering if you have any guidelines I should follow. Also, I am able to do standing overhead press without a hint of pain, and if I replaced flat bench with OHP in my program, I would be doing OHP 3 times a week @ 3 sets of 5. Is this sustainable or should I do something else to compensate for my injury?

I would appreciate anybody else's input as well.