View Single Post
Old 02-01-2007, 09:40 PM

Default Re: school confiscates cell phone, lawyer dad is mad?

[ QUOTE ]
My school had two (luckily hoax) bomb threats called in. Kids that had cell phones on them were able to get their parents to come pick them up from where the school moved us to. An emergency situation like this is enough reason for me to allow a student to carry a phone on his or her person. And, in my opinion, a student's lunch period is their own time and they should be able to do with it as they please.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think this is a stretch. The school would be evacuated after a bomb threat, so the student would be in no immediate danger.

[/ QUOTE ]

We were evacuated. Our HS had two campuses, and we were shipped over to the other one and sat in their gym. We weren't allowed to leave without a) proof of a key to our own car or b) your parents picking you up. Otherwise, we had to wait for the school/bus service to figure out how to route everyone. The first hoax was pulled during first period, and I didn't get back home until 5 PM (school got out at 3) because I didn't have a car or phone to call my parents, so I had to wait for a bus.